>Microsoft has already said that they won't rev their EAP-TLS implementation
>until they can also rev PEAP.

PEAP/TTLS/TEAP - we (Microsoft) believe all should be addressed at the same
time and will postpone TLS 1.3 support until such a time as we are able to make
the updates together.

>* should the document drop references to TEAP?
> Given Jouni Malinen's comments on implementing TEAP, it may be worth simply
> noting that we're waiting for a TEAP update document

I've reviewed the current errata, and acknowledge their validity, but am not
sure that any of them would impact this document.

The most relevant errata to this document seems to be
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5770. As noted in the errata, the
calculation of keys becomes confusing when methods export both MSK and EMSK
because it is not clearly specified which value IMCK[j] should take on during
the calculation of S-IMCK[j]. The addition of clarifying information is
welcome, but I don't believe this ambiguity currently prevents a compliant
implementation - for example, an implementation could avoid this ambiguity by
choosing to use either the MSK/EMSK exclusively, and communicating that to the
server via the Compound MAC TLV. The server can then make a policy decision on
whether it is accepting of this decision by the client and follow suit, or
reject the client.

The specifics of resolving this particular errata is a digression from my main
point - I believe a clarification can be added to the main TEAP document at a
future time without impacting the contents of this document. Ambiguity about
which IMCK to use in S-IMCK calculation should not impact the definition of the
cryptographic calculations.

On the document contents themselves, I have this review: The key derivation
proposed for TEAP/FAST uses the definition from FAST, which is not identical to
the TEAP derivation. Namely, FAST used MSK[j] in the derivation, but TEAP uses
IMSK[j], which may be equivalent in some cases, but may not in others where the
inner method exports an EMSK.

Specifically, I believe this line of section 2.2 should change from
          IMCK[j] = TLS-Exporter("EXPORTER: Inner Methods Compound Keys",
S-IMCK[j-1] | MSK[j], 60)
          IMCK[j] = TLS-Exporter("EXPORTER: Inner Methods Compound Keys",
S-IMCK[j-1] | IMSK[j], 60)
For TEAP.

Jorge