On 04/24/2014 04:59 PM, John Clizbe wrote:
> Good luck with changing the behavior of GnuPG ;-)

Werner has suggested that 2.1 would actually perform key selection
differently, perhaps because the proposed keybox store has no innate
sense of linear order in the first place.  dunno when that'll happen,
though :/

> Obviate? Eh, not so much. Key selection for encryption is only one use for P-R
> rules. Whether to sign and/or encrypt, and Inline vs PGP/MIME decisions
> outside of default account settings are also handled by per-recipient rules.
>
> I'm not saying key selection isn't an important use of P-R rules, but it's
> hardly the /sine qua non/ of P-R rules.

yes, these are good points, and i shouldn't have overlooked them.
thanks for pointing them out.

        --dkg