On 02.09.15 20:24, Lars Noodén wrote:

> The error message between the message body and the headers is :
>
>       Enigmail Error - decryption failed; click on 'Details'
>       button for more information.

Is this a message sent from you or sent from another person? What
happens, if you re-enable your old key? Disabling of an old key is not a
good idea if you want to decrypt stuff which is encrypted using this key.

> When I click on Details and choose View Key Properties I get shown
> Primary User ID, Key ID, and Fingerprint which are for the wrong key.

Well, as said: You must use the key for which this message has once been
encrypted to. If it is disabled, it cannot be used and you get an error
message.

> If I try to sign an outgoing message, I get this:
>
>       Key 0xXXXXXXXX not found or not valid.  The (sub-)key
>       might have expired.
>
> If I go into Engimail -> Key Management -> Key properties for that key,
> it shows that the key is valid and expires next year.

Do you get prompted for the passphrase or does the error prompt happen
before?

[gpg.conf]

> gpg.conf is stock, I haven't changed it.  Here are the active lines:
>
>  $ egrep -v "^#|^$" gpg.conf
>  keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
>  use-agent
>
>  default-key  FE35B305
                ^^^^^^^^
Is this the keyId of your old (disabled) or of your new key? Does the
undesired behaviour go away if you comment out this line (put a # at the
first column)?

Ludwig