On 23.09.15 18:46, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Going slightly OT, perhaps, but....
>
> Now I'm completely confused.  I'm certain I changed a setting
> somewhere to use pgp/mime, after reading a thread here, but off-hand I
> can't see where.  Not only that, but when I send a message with an
> image attached I get a popup asking if the whole message should be
> sent with pgp/mime - or is that only encrypted messages? Come to think
> of it there is an implication that the whole, text and image, is in
> some way "wrapped" before handling.

All your messages in this thread were in inline format except the
message with the picture (dated Wed, 23 Sep 2015 12:12:34 +0100), which
was in PGP/MIME format, maybe because Enigmail asked you when attaching
the picture.

You can change the default format in account settings, OpenPGP tab.
Check or uncheck "Use PGP/MIME by default".

Additional to that, you may have a per-recipient rule for this mailing
list. Enigmail -> Edit Per-Recipient Rules. Enter "enigmail" into the
search box to limit the displayed rules if necessary. Is there any rule?
If yes, is the PGP/MIME setting at "Never" or "Yes, if selected in
message composition"?

> Sorry for taking up your time, but I am seriously interested, and
> hopefully all this will be useful to someone else when searching archive
> s.

This is why we're answering here :-)

Ludwig