> That said, wiktionary defines authenticity as:
>
> 1. The quality of being genuine or not corrupted from the original.

Yep, which is why as much as I dislike a five-syllable word it seems to
me (IMO) to be the best option right now.

"Fidelity" would also work and save us a syllable, but it's a more
exotic word, so I'm not sure that's a shift that would help us much.

"Validity" would be best (in the plain English sense of the word), but
that phrase has been so corrupted in the OpenPGP community that it's
best avoided altogether, I think...