On 12/02/15 11:30, Patrick Brunschwig wrote:
> On 02.12.15 12:47, Mike Acker wrote:
>> the news I'm reading LWN <http://lwn.net/Articles/666295/> suggests
>> that Thunderbird's separation from Linux -- is is done deal
>
> You mean Mozilla - not Linux.
>
>> hopefully Thunderbird will just become its own project
>> thoughts,-anyone?
>
> Some people would agree and others would disagree.
>
> I know that there are ongoing discussions between involved and
> interested parties about how this transition could or should look
> like. I'm sure, once the dust has cleared, the public will be informed
> about concrete next steps.

I have to admit I find a great deal of sense made in the first comment
on that LWN thread.  Honestly, I think the idea of a Firefox phone OS
was a nonsensical idea in the first place -- a "jump on the bandwagon"
move that does not further any of the Mozilla Foundation's historical
core projects in any way that I can see, and diverts resources for no
readily discernable long-term gain.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications