On 19.05.16 15:55, Elias Assmann wrote:
> On 05/13/2016 01:53 PM, David wrote:
>> The developer of the extension "Send Later" has said that it is too much
>> work for him to keep his extension compatible with Enigmail.
>
> Okay, thanks for the info.  I found this
> <http://blog.kamens.us/send-later#enigmail>, but it does not really
> explain why it is impossible for the two to interoperate.  And the
> workaround “temporarily disable Enigmail, restart Thunderbird, schedule
> the messages that you want to schedule with Send Later, and then
> re-enable Enigmail and restart Thunderbird again” does not sound
> attractive to me.

The author of "Send Later" and I worked together on making the two
add-ons compatible to each other. The result is the following beta
version of "Send Later":

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/send-later-3/versions/5.1beta1

The next release of Enigmail will contain some changes that will make
the integration between the two addons more future proof, but these
changes are not necessary for Send Later to work correctly with all
Enigmail versions since v1.2 (which was released in 2011).

-Patrick