> When forwarding a PGP/MIME encrypted email as an attachment, then the
> email remains _unchanged_ by Thunderbird upon attaching it. That is, the
> attached email is still encrypted to yourself (and whoever else was on
> the recipients/sender) but likely not to the person to whom you forward
> the email.

Patrick I am sorry I may not have been clear.

The email being attached  is not and never was encrypted to me or anyone else.
The email being sent, containing the attached email, is being encrypted with
PGP/MIME. The recipient can decrypt the email they receive. The recipient can
see there is a .eml attachment. Opening the the attached email it *appears*
blank (see attached),  but if you view the source of the attached email you can
see the contents OK.     If I do the exact same but send the email and
attachment unencrypted  to recipient they can view the attached eml with out
problem.

J__D