Ibukun Olumuyiwa wrote:
Sorry ... missed this earlier.

If I understand correctly, this patch was written for Slackware? If so I
can't take it...what we would want is a script that at least covers most
of the major distros (Debian, Mandriva, Fedora, Ubuntu, Gentoo,
Slackware) and understands how each of them stores X sessions. For
example, Mandriva does not use .desktop files to store sessions - it
keeps entries under /etc/X11/wmsession.d/. This is probably much better
done as a script that determines the system's linux distribution,
obtains the X sessions accordingly, and outputs a session list that can
then be compiled into the configuration at build time.

I see your point..

I'll see what I can do in the scripting department.. at least for a bare bones script that handles the .desktop way as a start .. people on systems that actually have different methods would have to pitch in :)

--
Morten
:wq