hello.

On 04.07.2018 20:09, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Hello.
>
> On 27.06.2018 20:17, Mike Blumenkrantz wrote:
>> See the weekly phab report mails which lists ticket/patch counts for high
>> priority items.
>>
>> A number of the highest priority tickets will be resolved over the next 24h
>> as patches continue to land from the review queue. If people continue to
>> work on the high priority tickets which are tagged with the 1.21 milestone
>> then it should be possible for Stefan to begin executing an alpha release
>> very soon after he returns next week.
>
> I am back no and catched up on mails.
>
> Will go through the phab queries and phab in general tomorrow to get a
> better understanding where we stand and when we can start the alpha.

So here is how I see the situation regarding the release status.

Following the pre-defined queries Mike uses in the phab weekly mails I
can see 4 showstopper issues (2 of them them to have been dealt with
already), 10 issues raised as prio high and 4 issues tagged as regressions.

This looks like a good enough starting point to me to get an alpha out
and getting the remaining bugs fixed. If I compare this other releases I
managed we started the alpha actually in a worse state. (If we would
start the alpha with zero bugs we would not need one anyway. :-)

My proposal from here would be the following:
o I tag the alpha release tomorrow and prepare and upload tarballs
o We asked packagers to try out these tarballs to get early feedback
from them
o We ask application maintainers to test their app against the alpha
release and report bugs so we can still fix them (based on Hermet's
suggestion)
o I run abi-checker over the alpha release to see if it detects abi/api
breaks we need to take care of
o I will have a look if I can figure out whats wrong with our coverity
builds. This is going on for a while, not sure I can promise that I will
get this fixed in time.
o We need to spent some extra time to make sure the
home-dir-deleted-by-eflete bug is actually an application bug and
nothing present in efl.

The following are the issues I consider for the release right now. If
you have one that is not listed here but should, please make sure to
update the tags accordingly so its shows up in the queries.

For showstopper and high prio issues:
https://phab.enlightenment.org/maniphest/query/_jTUZLoOpCeA/#R

For regressions:
https://phab.enlightenment.org/maniphest/query/oP4HVQ1SXYSe/#R

If you disagree with any of this speak up NOW. :-)

regards
Stefan Schmidt