On Fri Oct 19 02:20:29 2018, ras...@rasterman.com wrote:
> > I tested the spare fan and it also works. I wanted to insert this
> into the
> > 6th slot in hopes that it would help with the temperature issues,
> but the
> > problem is that the sixth connector on the motherboard requires a
> long
> > extension cable to reach it. I didn't find one in the spare parts
> box.
> > I've attached a second photo [2] of this cable and the connector
> > (see where my finger is pointing). It's possible we have one of
> those
> > cables around somewhere, but I'm not sure yet.
>
> I don't think there should be a need. I was under the impression a fan
> was
> still broken and beeping and that this needed a fix to ensure cooling
> and less
> annoyance for you guys... :)

Yeah, the temperature light is on and there is a persistent beeping, but
the fans are all spinning so I'm not sure there's much more to do in that
regard.

Have we informed you in the past that one of the machine's two redundant
power supply units are not working? I think that's probably the beep/alarm
that we're hearing.

Is that something you would like to have replaced?

--
Travis Whitehead
Student Systems Engineer