> ok- started reviewing... and i'll basically cover as much as
> i had time to review here.
>
> 1. shared evas image cache - good idea, BUT... has problems.

        No it won't work to use his caching code, as is, for some
of the other engines. But it can be made to work. One needs to
rewrite each engine specific caching code around the interfaces,
and he'd need to completely redo the way engine specific image stuff
(surfaces and other things) is organized, and put it in the RGBA_Image
structure as 'engine_surface' or 'engine_data' pointers. :)

        I did something like this -- I just didn't abstract it into
a single caching mechanism with 'virtual' interfaces (which are engine
dependent), just kept per-engine caching code.

   jose.