On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:14:58 +1000 David Seikel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> Attached is the result of a first cut at a nightly build script.  Early
> days, baby steps, don't pick over the little details.  We can start
> with the basics and work up to more features later.
>
> For now I can run this on my boxen while it gets developed further.
> Move it to the E servers and volunteer boxen when it's more mature.
>
> Currently it only compiles stuff that uses autofoo.  Some things are
> skipped, mostly due to being deprecated or broken and unmantained.
> Most of what is skipped is in misc.  Everything in e17, misc, and
> e_modules is included except for the e17/test and e17/docs directories.

can you... put the script in cvs somewhere? tough to talk about something we
can't see.

> Do we need more information, less information, actual build logs to be
> stored somewhere, etc?  Throw in e16, eterm, e17/test, and e17/docs
> just for completion?

personally - i think this needs an explicit list of things to build (and thus
the order to build them in). doing it as a user is trivial - just need to do a
--prefix=/path/to/user/owned/dir in configure. the rest is just a matter of
$PKG_CONFIG_PATH, $PATH, $LD_LIBRARY_PATH then

cvs update -dP
for I in `cat build-list`; do build.sh; done >& build.log

and a build.sh (or a shell func) that runs the autogen.sh, make and make
install with a low priority with nice + ionice.

the build log doesn't need to be fancy or pretty - just needs to be all the raw
output of the whole build.

> I think a nightly email to this list would be the most useful, just
> stashing the results away on the web somewhere makes it too easy to
> ignore.

don't even think we need that much - just stashing the results in a web page
somewhere is enough

> For the curious, I'm modifying easy_e17.sh to do this, as I'm very
> familiar with it.  I've discussed this with morlenxus, and we have
> agreed to add a few things to easy_e17.sh to make it better for this
> type of work.
>
> TODO -
>
> Remove need to be root/use sudo.
> Support things that don't use the autofoo three step.
> Add qemu / scratchbox support for hardware / OSs we don't have test
> boxen for.
> Maybe create .rpm files on RPM based distros and .deb files on Debian
> based distros.
>

> BTW, while on the subject of automated testing, I've been asked if E17
> supports accessibility stuff.  Apparently he wanted to use a particular
> automated GUI test system that uses that.  As far as I know, we do not
> support that.  Any thoughts?

you will need to be more specific with "supports accessibility stuff". e make
no particular efforts one way or another for "accessibility". if something
works or not depends on the details of what it does.

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)