Thats the whole point :).  We would need to have an equivalent of
'linus's tree' which we could consider to be the publishing branch.
Just a matter of having somebody high up there do it.  But, it is a
responsibility because that person is responsible for pulling
worthwhile patches from other branches which is a fairly significant
responsibility (and perhaps time commitment); hopefully you or
whomever else is okay with that.

My suggestion is we do as WINE does: Have a separate "patches"
list-serv whereas devs can develop on their own branch, make changes
etc. then submit a diff of all their work after  feature x is complete
to the patches list-serv -- making life easier for the 'main branch'
guy (For wine its Alex Juillard) to find changes and pull as
appropriate.

--
Zachary Goldberg
Computer Science Major