On Nov 28, 2007 4:08 AM, Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all
> I'm working hard on the edje_editor in the last day, and my opinion now
> is that
> engrave can't render as edje does, and probablly will never. As
> reproducing the edje
> calculation  is really hard. and  also stupid to do the same thing 2 times.
>
> So I started to play with edje to modify it directly.
> The result is super !!
> Now the editor can load perfectly the default theme, browse trought all
> the part and state.
> The display is now perfect as the edje is a real edje (also all the
> script/program/signal stuff
> work inside the editor).  I can also change the position of the various
> part from the spinner
> or dragging the red and blue dot.

great, I'm really glad to see edje_editor being developed again, it
have such a great potential :-)

> Nothing more for now as this require some addition to the edje library
> and first I want
> to hear the voice of the mantiners:
> This is the first stub I have done of the new api

maybe use edje_object_edit to follow the name scheme?

> +   EAPI Evas_List    *edje_edit_parts_list_get           (Evas_Object
> *obj);
> +   EAPI Evas_List    *edje_edit_part_states_get          (Evas_Object
> *obj, const char *part);

I have not checked the code, but this should return a list of struct
with state name and value, so it would be good to have a function to
clear this list.

> +   EAPI unsigned char edje_edit_part_type_get            (Evas_Object
> *obj, const char *part);
> +   EAPI void          edje_edit_part_real_coord_get      (Evas_Object
> *obj, const char *part, int *x, int *y, int *w, int *h);

real coord?

> +   EAPI double        edje_edit_state_rel1_relative_x_get(Evas_Object
> *obj, const char *part, const char *state);
> +   EAPI double        edje_edit_state_rel1_relative_y_get(Evas_Object
> *obj, const char *part, const char *state);
> +   EAPI void          edje_edit_state_rel1_relative_x_set(Evas_Object
> *obj, const char *part, const char *state, double x);
> +   EAPI void          edje_edit_state_rel1_relative_y_set(Evas_Object
> *obj, const char *part, const char *state, double y);
> +   EAPI double        edje_edit_state_rel2_relative_x_get(Evas_Object
> *obj, const char *part, const char *state);
> +   EAPI double        edje_edit_state_rel2_relative_y_get(Evas_Object
> *obj, const char *part, const char *state);
> +   EAPI void          edje_edit_state_rel2_relative_x_set(Evas_Object
> *obj, const char *part, const char *state, double x);
> +   EAPI void          edje_edit_state_rel2_relative_y_set(Evas_Object
> *obj, const char *part, const char *state, double y);

remember to use state value together with the name.

> I have filed a patch to bgzilla with  this first implementation. bug#294
>
> If you want to try it simply patch edje and set
> #define TEST_DIRECT_EDJE 1
> in edje_editor/src/bin/main.h on line 15
>
> then open the editor with a file to open:
> edje_editor /path.to/default.edj
>
> But remember that you can't do nothing more than the browsing and change
> size (all the other stuff will segv!)
>
> Please let me know what do you think about.

I'll not have time to look this in more detail until December-17, but
the idea looks really promising.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri