I wrote:

>       Things like edje-editor and evolve could've been much further
> along if these kinds of issues weren't there.. and it's where having
> used already existing tools for 'edje' could've helped.
>       One could have other formats/scripts as inputs to create
> eet-encoded .edj files (I believe Tilman's "redact" is somewhat
> like that), but it still leaves needing an api for the edje lib
> to dynamically create/modify edje objects, to query properties,
> determine structure, dependencies, etc.

        Just to add another bit to that..

        One 'problem' with an edje api for getting/setting properties
is that it exposes edje's internal structure more and more.. which
may or may not be desirable.

        Another way would also be to have a function like the current
'file_set' one, but which would allow one to set raw eet binary data.
        Then, different apps/libs could use different formats/syntax/
whatever to work with and just convert this to eet binary.. feeding
that to the edje in order to create/modify it. It would be up to the
app/lib to keep all relevant state rather than getting/setting such
via edje lib calls.

        However, in order to modify edje objs loaded from existing
edje files, it would help to have available an eet-binary read/write
lib that could do the querying of stuff.. and that would bring things
back to a good api for that.
        There are also some caching related issues, especially if
you start trying to deal with image sources and such, and other stuff,
that could come up here.

   jose.