I wrote:

>       Isn't what you're after (in full) something akin to a 'DOM'
> kind of capability for edje/edc? I believe Brian and Chady had
> expressed an interest in this at some point as well.

        Just to add a bit to that.. Hisham had also expressed a
similar interest as well. For his work on "evolve", he wanted to
be able to dynamically create/modify edjes, and also a similar
DOM-like ability for 'edc' syntax based stuff in general.

        Things like edje-editor and evolve could've been much further
along if these kinds of issues weren't there.. and it's where having
used already existing tools for 'edje' could've helped.
        One could have other formats/scripts as inputs to create
eet-encoded .edj files (I believe Tilman's "redact" is somewhat
like that), but it still leaves needing an api for the edje lib
to dynamically create/modify edje objects, to query properties,
determine structure, dependencies, etc.

   jose.