> > One 'problem' with an edje api for getting/setting properties
> > is that it exposes edje's internal structure more and more.. which
> > may or may not be desirable.
> >
> The api I have in mind don't have this exposure problem:
> I don't want to return pointer to the internal structs,
> but only the asked value:

        I understand, but it's not that you're exposing actual
internal structs, just that one starts to expose more and more
properties that are part of the edc description (and some also
just happen to be part of edje's current internal variables).
        Some of these might indeed be useful to query (eg. maybe
the list of parts, their types, and such), but others may not
be that finalized or whatnot. Again, it may or may not be useful
to have those kinds of edje api funcs, but in the end it's really
the '.edj' eet file that you really need to work with, ie. you
really want to have an eet_edj lib for working with .edj stuff
that is general to the edje lib.

> I have never looked at eet... but this raise to me a question:
> after the edje has been modified in memory, how can I save it
> back to the edje/eet file?

        That's one of the reasons why working directly with the
edj eet file would be useful. You're either going to have to
add edje functionality for 'saving' from an edje object, or you
use eet to read/write the edj file you need via a suitable api.

        It's been a looong time since I last really looked at
edje, and I've forgotten most of what I never really gathered
then anyway.. but it seems to me that all these things are best
dealt with working with the .edj eet file. You may even be able
to get away with simply calling an edje_reload api function in
order to get the edje to re-read and update all relevant data
in its file/group that has changed.. so, you just work with the
edj file and modify that as you wish.

        I tell you what, why don't you take a few days to look
at not just edje, but eet and edje_cc (maybe embryo too), and
maybe speak with raster, tilman, and rephorm (if he has time),
and then we can pick things up again then if you haven't become
an "edje-expert" by then -- I'm certainly not one, but I do know
that there's a lot of stuff that can be done to make edje better. :)

   jose.