On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 09:51:05PM +0200, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 17:36, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> > On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 09:27:07PM +0200, The DarkMaster wrote:
> > > Hallo, I'm very interested in this topic and an E17 network manager is
> > > really needed by my OpenGEU distro too. Well, I believe taht a good choice
> > > would be that of using Network Manager from Gnome:
> > > http://www.gnome.org/projects/NetworkManager/
> >
> > Since I started working on e_nm, Stefan has contributed a number of
> > patches to the infrastructure for it.  A proof-of-concept that
> > doesn't do much of anything with that library is at
> > http://kallisti.us/~ross/enetmgr-0.1.tar.gz
>
> Cool. Motivation push. People really using it. ;)

Hah - I actually hacked through the crashes I found in NM this past
weekend and have a custom NetworkManager running that fixes my issues.
I tried picking up my demo code, but it looks like E_Nm is pretty
different than the way I remember it :).

Stefan - IIRC, you sent in some patches for E_Nm after I did.  It
looks like the general idea is that there's structures recording the
state of various NM things (devices, networks, APs, etc).

I'm concerned because some of the comments indicate E_Nm's API is
taken from NetworkManager 0.7 - is that correct?  0.6 seems to be the
version included in all the distros, and attempting to upgrade to 0.7
was a miserable, miserable thing.

Is the 0.6 API still in there?

> > I have some updates to it that don't even build against current libe_nm.
>
> I also have to update it to some newer API changes.
>
> Besides that I have a lot stuff in some hacky patches that are to ugly
> for upstream. I need to sit down, sort things out and push them out
> for review.
>
> regards
> Stefan Schmidt

Ross Vandegrift