On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Toma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2008/10/7 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 2:57 AM, Enlightenment SVN
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Log:
>>>  Some work on interaction settings:
>>>  - group on a thumbscroll framelist;
>>>  - threshhold ?\226?\134?\146 threshold;
>>>  - add check changed.
>>

>> that's awesome, I see people liked the "check_changed", we should add
>> this to other dialogs as well.
>>
>> something else I'd like to see is to move, where possible, layouts to
>> edje with swallow parts, that way we can have special layouts in
>> embedded systems like illume. Side effect is to simplify code a lot.
>> What do you think?
>
> Nah. Its hard enough to write a theme as it is. No need to complicate
> the matter further :(. You could just make illume work like that tho,
> since it has its own little theme.

Since raster added the option to inherit + override edje groups, we
can keep this a a separate "layouts.edc" file. My points are:
   - it's easier to write an edje group with swallows where you want,
it's more powerful to describe relationships and create good layouts,
edje_editor is your friend as well. Just notice i say "where
possible", some elements are dynamic and Edje still does not support
such dynamic layouts (vbox, with variable number of items);
   - themes may wish to change the layout, illume is one of them
because it's meant for small touch screen, this might serve for set
top boxes to be controlled with remote control.

so why not? :-)

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems