On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Toma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2008/10/7 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>>> Nah. Its hard enough to write a theme as it is. No need to complicate
>>> the matter further :(. You could just make illume work like that tho,
>>> since it has its own little theme.
>>
>> Since raster added the option to inherit + override edje groups, we
>> can keep this a a separate "layouts.edc" file. My points are:
>>   - it's easier to write an edje group with swallows where you want,
>> it's more powerful to describe relationships and create good layouts,
>> edje_editor is your friend as well. Just notice i say "where
>> possible", some elements are dynamic and Edje still does not support
>> such dynamic layouts (vbox, with variable number of items);
>>   - themes may wish to change the layout, illume is one of them
>> because it's meant for small touch screen, this might serve for set
>> top boxes to be controlled with remote control.
>>
>> so why not? :-)
>>

> As long as it is entirely separate, and not required, then Id agree
> that its a good option to have. The basic setup for layouts is rather
> well set and thought out already, but i suppose it would be nice to
> demonstrate that flexibility.

one thing: we already inherit groups from basic theme if they're not
found in the selected theme, so we'll always have this fallback.

as for well thought dialogs, yes, they're good already, but i guess it
will be even easier to go that route. The more we make those things be
evas-edje based, the more we win. See raster's new "elementary"
toolkit, he made it easier to use and smaller by going that route.

I want to add "sequence box" to edje before the end of the year, so
even the dynamic elements will be possible. (For those that don't know
what I mean with "sequence box", it's a box, or container, that packs
a sequence of objects, you can think of it as vertical/horizontal box
or flow layout, that would position children like a text flow). This
will be easy to add since we know have size hints as object property
and we'll make edje use those.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems