On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:29:12 +0300 sda <dmitry.serpok...@gmail.com> said:

> On 09:04 Thu 29 Jan     , Toma wrote:
>
> > As the top of the page says, we need to finalize the list of things
> > TODO.
>
> hi guys,
>
> i'm not the dev so beg your pardon if things below are "out of scope".
>
> 1) after the review of a mentioned page
> (http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/Release)
> i decide to fill 'trac' with some more 'tickets'/(requests) instead of
> the page modification. assume that it's your (and not mine) decision to
> set a milestone to the Release.

ugh. now i need to find all the tickets spread around with bugs and feature
requests too... much harder that just reading the page and knocking off line
items and deleting them.

> 2) there're no 'magic' word  we're all aware about (no doubt that it ...
> you know...). here it is (in capital letters):
>                            == "SYSTRAY" ==
> suppose that clear definition of our POV to this case is required. it's
> o'k not to make one and explain why. but Release of a Desktop Shell
> without a tray will attract less Users i guess. yes, Wiki FAQ advise to
> use 'trayer', 'stalonetray', etc., but references to the various
> discussions are unable to state the case clear.

not happening. tray protocol/mechanism is broken as fare as e is concerned.

> 3) annoying question related to the "color and font config modules". as
> it was mentioned by Raster:
>
> >thats what i meant - just wouldn't compile the color and font config modules.
> >they they wont appear anywhere. code will be there - just not being compiled
> >or used until its fixed.
>
> ok. but does it mean that all themes/(.edj files) which use custom fonts
> and/or "color_class:"-es will require maintenance? if "Yes!", then
> suppose that the info should be spread all over the community or only new
> default theme will remain usable (it's a nice option, but some may
> prefer other variants).

nothing is needed from themes - nada. simply users will not be able to
fine-tune config for private DIFFERENT fonts and colors. they get what the
theme gives them.

> 4) another "chewing gum" - "Should add lua support? (optional)" Just
> make a decision and say it. No/Yes - doesn't matter much (though the
> amount of maintenance if "Yes" will be sufficient). it's a pity that
> both VM's ('embryo' and 'lua') can't exist together.

they can. the question is - do we want to ship with a vm/scripting engine we
WILL drop in the future thus having a pain for people post-release of having to
adapt stuff they built on 1.0 releases.

> 5) last couple of days i'm using 'Ecomorph' and it's much more stable
> then "bling" module. suppose that "bling" should be improved (in terms
> of stability) or explicitly marked as 'unstable'. yes, FAQ tells that
> E17 doesn't work with composite, but it's an easy task for "bling" now
> to create a nice segfault of E17 :).

not touching bling. compositing is scheduled for e18 - for e17 it's a "someone
elses problem". you chose to use bling - you should take it up with bling's
author/maintainer. :) e is not doing compositing itself until e18.

> offtop> http://en.opensuse.org/Ecomorph
>
> 6) as i mentioned in trac ticket #201 the "gap" exist in a window
> management between E16/eesh and E17/enlightenment_remote. it could be
> nice to eliminate this "mismatch" especially for the experienced Users
> of E16.

removing almost all of e_remote. the window management features of eesh are of
niche use and can be done by simply x tools without the wm. feel free to write
these tools. :) no need to go add work for e17 release for something that has
no need to be in e.

> 7) the "bridge" between "qt" <-> "edje" && "gtk" <-> "edje" still "under
> heavy discussion" suggest to create a couple of themes like existing
> "Clearlooks" (it's really nice) to match the major ones used by others.
> dunno about "qt" (don't use it here) but it's an easy task to copy a
> couple of most popular "gtk+" ones.

to be honest - gtk and qt are out of scope for e17 release when it comes to
edje or evas.