2009/2/10 Oguz Yarimtepe <comp....@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I was testing a very simple transition effect on my box. The effect occured
> in a very slow way.
>
> Here is the EDC file: http://rafb.net/p/1MF9Al16.html

use: keyword ":" value for edc, "," will be deprecated. like "color:
255 255 255 255"

> And the C file using it to make animation. When a key is pressed i should
> have seen the transition.: http://rafb.net/p/BdSNUD18.html
>
> I cross compiled EFLs. I just compiled and installed imlib2, e,na, eet,
> evas, ecore, embryo and edje. I have directfb support on the box:

Have you cross compiled the libs with -O2 or -Os? Going without
compile flags is bad.

> mode "1280x720-60"
> bogomips        : 296.96

mine is 332 bogomips, but arm xscale.

> Any idea why is the transition so slow?
>
> I checked the top output when i was running the app, when the transition
> started, the app consumed %90 of CPU power.
> I also installed directfb-1.0.0 examples on the box and df_neo is working
> quiete nice without any slow motion.

make sure it is using dfb acceleration and no DBF_USE_EVAS_* is set,
since they would use software and it's almost impossible to paint
1024x768 at 60Hz using 296 bogomips processor :-)

> Will be happy if you guide a little.

It would be nice to compile expedite and check results. It will test
most common operations and you can use that to compare with other
systems.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems