On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Mikhail Gusarov
<dotted...@dottedmag.net> wrote:

> Twas brillig at 16:21:09 28.02.2010 UTC+01 when albin.tonne...@gmail.com did
> gyre and gimble:
>
>  AT> I wouldn't consider using g_strdup_printf vs. asprintf an
>  AT> abuse. asprint is a GNU-specific extension, and is not guaranteed
>  AT> to be available. g_strdup_printf, OTOH, is part on the glib API,
>  AT> which guarantees that it's available on a fair - and defined - set
>  AT> of plartforms.

Well, it is used in lots of efl code, that runs on other platforms...
so that's part of the porting effort, so far not required or done in
Evil or some other tool.

> Not even saying that asprintf interface is abomination.

Why? It's the regular printf() interface. Do you mean because you get
the size of the string as result and you must get the string from a
parameter output? It's C, we have to live with that. The size return
IS useful, it will avoid subsequent strlen(), for example if you want
to eina_stringshare_add() you could use the faster
eina_stringshare_add_length() variant, same for other functions such
as eina_str_*_full variants.

BR,

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri