On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:03:34 -0200 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
<barbi...@profusion.mobi> said:

> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 8:52 PM, Gustavo Lima Chaves
> <gl...@profusion.mobi> wrote:
> > Ladies and gentlemen,
> >
> > Elementary is planned to be released as alpha *soon*. This means the
> > API, after this snapshot, has to be "good to go" (but there may be
> > bugs on implementation, still). The focus is on fixing bugs now and
> > keeping API stable for a full release once bugs are gone. We're
> > working hard to get a planified and consistent API until the end of
> > the week, maximum, and your help is very much appreciated.
> >
> > NB: if have API changes waiting to be commited, do so *now*!!
> > If you let it pass, you'll have to wait until v. 1.1 (for API
> > additions) or 2.0 (for API breaks).
> >
> > Once we reach this goal, the alpha release of Elementary will be
> > available from: http://download.enlightenment.org/releases/
>
> More technical details on what's in and out of this release (1.0):
>
>    - NO guarana merge, the so called one is not happening. elm_widget
> will remain as the single smart object and no inheritance will be
> allowed. However elm_widget.h is already installed to /usr/include and
> may be used with caution to extend elementary using its hooks. To
> avoid breakages, when we get to it we'll likely create an elm_base or
> similar that will be an inheritable smart object.

ooooooh BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (no grn). as for widget - no need for any base,
inheritance etc. keep api just as is. it's got a big fat warning. use at your
peril. :)

>    - except for a single widget and a helper (animation/transition)
> that is missing from Samsung, no other widgets are planned. Don't
> expect much more than what we have now.

actually... that's where you will be wrong. more are coming. :)

>    - don't expect new theme --- no efenniht as default as there is no
> manpower to finish it :-(

it'd need to be complete to be used as a default. so i guess that's how it will
be. for now anyway. make b&w as decent as possible for now.

>    - elementary_config will be usable, actually saving the profile and
> implementing the missing tabs.

yes! :) ui layout could possibly vary - right now its uber-tall thanks to the
theme selector tab - that could be... improved.

>    - API will get missing getters, setters, const... and checks to
> avoid crashes.

ok.

>    - focus and keyboard navigation should work, at least reasonably.

ok. need slightly better gfx than the blue face... but that's easy enough.

>    - profiles will be used more wisely, with standard being the
> desktop one and it should look more like what a desktop would expect.

yup.