On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 12:48:05 -0200 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> <barbi...@profusion.mobi> said:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 12:27 PM, ChunEon Park <chuneon.p...@samsung.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Good day, this is Hermet.
>> >
>> > Here is elm_transit patch.
>> >
>> > - Modified elm_transit_add(double duration) to elm_transit_add()
>> > - Added elm_transit_duration_set() / elm_transit_duration_get() APIs
>> > - Added elm_transit_go API
>>
>> Modifying the duration of an ongoing animation is tricky, what do you
>> do to avoid things going weirdly?  Let's say you're at 0.5 of an 1.0
>> second (progress = 50%), then you reset it to 2.0 second, you're now
>> back in progress to 25%.
>>
>> I'm also strongly against _go() apis. They do not need to exist, as
>> they don't for all but elm_list, which is there for an optimization
>> hack which I dislike every time i have to type them.
>
> in this case transit is a time based thing - when does it start its animation?
> you can do a lot of set-up before you start it and thus there is a good reason
> for being able to separate the starting of the transition from its setup. as
> for setting the duration - not weird - not more weird than the adding ofthe
> objects. if you stand back and look at it, transit is much like an object - u
> create it then set up a whole bunch of properties (basically a transition
> pipeline) and then say "go". there is no good reason why it shouldn't be
> expanded to allow chained transitions. eg transition from A to B, then B to C,
> then C to D - and thus there would be a good case for each leg of the
> transition to have its own timeframe - thus a set call for setting the
> transition duration. again - this also makes the go() call almost a must as at
> what point would you start that transition - and for that matter if you have a
> fairly lengthy and complex transition you do often you may want to repeat it
> again and again (call go to start it each time).

It's just not like any of other efl, ecore primitives, for instance.
If you need something else, just create a new one. The "lots of setup"
does not buy, hardly you'll go back to main loop and start the
animation later on.

But anyway, as you said before nobody is using this code except by
you, so it is an external babbler pointing at others stuff. If you
disagree with me just commit it and I'll not complain, but I had to
state that I'm against this kind of alien apis.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems