On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 09:29:39 +0900 Daniel Juyung Seo <seojuyu...@gmail.com> said:

> > i see confusion and
> > complaints every single day because of this push to use edje as the "way to
> > do a gui layout" that is better done using ju7st basic boxes, tables etc.
> > etc. inline in the code.
>
> Now we have GRID as well :)
> And I think "Do not use edje as a GUI layout (or use it less)" is not
> discussed enough so far.

well form what i've seen is the case people have been told that this is the way
to do things and that every efl app must have an edj file for its ui etc. which
is entirely wrong. it was never meant to be this way and edje is too primitive
to do all of this. it's a lower level tool. :)

> We've been using edje as a GUI layout heavily.
> It's time to change things.
>
> But I still prefer edje :)

edje has advantages for certain things. its useful. BUT... it shouldn't be
pushed as the "way to do ui layout". people complain efl is too complex .. and
the reason they do is BECAUSE of this. introduce complexity WHEN you need it,
not just because it's there :)

i'm not saying "don't document it". i'm trying to say "don't lead people to
think that this is the way to do things normally".