On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Leif Middelschulte
> <leif.middelschu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> killjoy :)

>> I agree with cedric here. Why should a player keep track of every file
>> he ever played or loose info for files on external storages? Why
>> shouldn't I be able to start watching a movie at home, then move it to
>> my mobile device and take off, just where I stopped at home? Same goes
>> for PDFs, etc..

Are you kidding, right? External storages are usually FAT and so what
you said makes no sense.

And there are other ways to solve it, let's not get into this
discussion... all of them the resource is per application and not per
file.

> The PDF application is also a very good example in my opinion. Okular
> does implement this kind of functionnality by using an XML file in a
> hidden directory (some kind of database from their point of view). You
> move the file, you loose the information and a file is leaking on your
> system.

That's an implementation detail. They should md5/sha1 the relevant
part of the file (ie: ignore comments and annotations) and consider
that. Or have something fully integrated to track the moves into the
system (like Windows or MacOS).

But like I said and Raster agreed, keeping this in Emotion is a NO GO.
Just remove it, please.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems