Hello.

On Mon, 2011-10-31 at 19:39, Sanjeev wrote:
> I would be happy to help with whatever minimal time/resources I have.

Good. :)

> Demos and hands on hacking are a BIG YES. They linger on for longer time. I
> can make time for one demo app / use case.

That would be nice. Would you be available to show them off yourself
or would someone else do this?

> I am a bit concerned about having it right after one conference gets over,
> keeping in mind the attention span and energy levels of people.

Good point. But I think we have no other choice then piggy-backing
with other conferences here. Getting a E conf started from scratch and
motivate people to fly in just for this is a bit to much in one step.
Best to give people two reasons to come in. :)

About the energy levels. Yeah, people might be a bit tired after
FOSDEM, but its only two days for each event. That should work ok
IMHO.

> Better option would be to have an "efl track" -
> http://fosdem.org/2012/call_for_devrooms
>
> But the deadline is already over : 2011-10-27: Deadline for devroom requests

It was requested by the french community already AFAIK. The problem
with devrooms at FOSDEM is the high demand and low supply. They never
have enough rooms and normally all are going to bigger projects. Not
much one can do about.

> And of course, "the press" is important too - to ensure sufficient coverage.

Agreed. _If_ we find a way to set this up it needs to be announced
more widely then only as news on the e.org page. Getting some news
pages the info might help. But thats all _after_ we find a location,
date and enough people to make it happen.

regards
Stefan Schmidt