2011/12/2 Joerg Sonnenberger <jo...@britannica.bec.de>:
> On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 10:16:17PM +0100, Vincent Torri wrote:
>> so why not just do a & 0xff instead of casting ?
>
> The cast is IMO cleaner in the intentions. It also has the theoretical
> advantage of working independent of CHAR_BIT==8.

We are not reading from a file so there' won't really be an EOF, but I insist
on it. How does isspace() recognize EOF when you are casting to unsigned char?
Even if we don't need it now, it makes the whole deal smell to a nasty
hack covering
from some obscure bug. And if there's no bug, then what are fixing here?