2011/12/3 Michael Blumenkrantz <michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com>

> On Fri,  2 Dec 2011 09:53:37 -0800
> "Enlightenment SVN" <no-re...@enlightenment.org> wrote:
>
> > Log:
> > eet: revert works from discomfitor. too buggy elementary segv. I'm
> pleased to
> > SPANK him :D
> >
> > Author:       yoz
> > Date:         2011-12-02 09:53:37 -0800 (Fri, 02 Dec 2011)
> > New Revision: 65828
> > Trac:         http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/changeset/65828
> >
> > Modified:
> >   trunk/eet/ChangeLog trunk/eet/NEWS trunk/eet/src/lib/Eet_private.h
> > trunk/eet/src/lib/Makefile.am trunk/eet/src/lib/eet_dictionary.c
> > trunk/eet/src/lib/eet_lib.c
> >
> REVERSE SPANK SPANK SPANK.
> COMPOUND INTEREST SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK!
>
> Question: When was the last time a commit was reverted for causing
> breakage?
> Hint: despite breaking all apps during a code freeze, it was not @65619
> Hint #2: even though it broke compile for several days, it was not @65642
>
> Answer: @64928 was reverted because it was caused breakage AND was wrong.
>

> If you see something broken in trunk you have a number of options:
> 1) fix it yourself -> THIS is when spankies should be administered
> 2) tell the committer to fix it
> 3) use an older commit until it gets fixed
>

> Reverting commits is NOT the answer, and reverting only parts of them
> is even worse.

Sorry but I have seen something broken. elementary_test segfault. I have
quickly investigate where does the problem. I have spotted your commit is
the problem. So I have make a quick ping to you on irc, but no response. At
this moment, I have to go. So don't have time to investigate how to fix it.
I have talked about this problem to Cedric, who said me, to revert it.
Thats why, I have revert it with a quickly friendly spanking. To tell you,
there is something wrong here. And make 'elementary' usable for other who
are not a devs. I have nothing against you.
And if my revert was uncomplete, that's my mistake. So please accept my
apologize.

--
Michaƫl Bouchaud