Yes, I understand what you mean.
Both opinion have their own reasons. I was so confused when I first
unswallowed my object :(

Even I agree with both opinions, how about just letting them as is and
just document it?
reason1. As Gustavo and Raster said, this is a warning that we have to
handle unswallowed object and it's not deleted/hided at all.
reason2. We already released edje 1.1 and changing this default
behavior doesn't look good at the moment because this will confused
our existing customers. If we really need to change it, do this edje
2.0 or whatever.

My 2 cents. I'm actually poor so no more 10 cents.

Daniel Juyung Seo (SeoZ)