On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 3:47 PM, ChunEon Park <her...@naver.com> wrote:
>> I think both are no problems if it has a documentation.
>> But your patch may break applications already released.
>> It will be better to apply your patch when major version is changed.
>
> As I say, current behaviour is undefined. If you go out of an
> animation (defined in the edj itself) in any state (hidden, moved,
> resized, whatever), it will stay in that state. But this is completly
> random and not defined (as in, depend on an external file). Now I do
> like the raster proposal with an orphaned flag as it is the only sane
> way to detect any leak. Relying on an undefined visual artefact would
> not help at all.

It isn't documented. But it's defined, IMHO, since you can predict it.
As you said, in an animation it will keep the state, if it was
visible, it will stay visible.
So applications can be considering a unswallowed object will be
visible, since it was visible, and now it will be hidden.

Despite it wasn't documented when a person tried to unswallow she
realized it was visible, or maybe she looked at the code.
Consequently, she didn't forced to show the object with
evas_object_show(), what will be mandatory now. So Hermet is correct,
it can break applications and won't be something simple to see like an
API breakage. People will spend a good time to realize what changed.
Sure, we can help with that warning as we can (changelog, msg to mail
list, docs, etc).

I'm not against the change, but definitely this kind of change need to
be more visible for users.

> --
> Cedric BAIL

Bruno Dilly