On 01/06/2013 02:25 AM,
enlightenment-devel-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> EFL single tree is almost ready, now just missing Ethumb and Emotion, which
> should come easily and maybe I can finish them next week.
As much as i am in general in favor of having a single tree, how
feasible is it to leave emotion split? The reason i ask is that thanks
to issues surrounding media codecs etc, VLC sits in a separate location
that can't be linked against from the standard openSUSE. gstreamer and
xine use the approach of having a lightweight version with the open
codecs in obs and then full versions in packman [1]. I was thinking
about making a packman version of emotion with full vlc support etc. It
will be much easier to achieve this if Emotion is separate,  i am
guessing other distro's may have similar issues.  I was also thinking of
packaging the Enna media player here, it can't go into obs as some of
its libs also depend on libs only available from packman.

Cheers,
Simon.

[1] http://packman.links2linux.org/