2013/1/11 Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com>

> On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 09:08:20 +0900 Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr> said:
>
> > Yop,
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 7:51 AM, Nicolas Aguirre
> > <aguirre.nico...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > After lucas commit, i tried to build EFL merge for win32.
> > >
> > > i configure with : ./configure --prefix=$MINGW_PREFIX --host=$TARGET
> > > --disable-static --with-tests=none --with-crypto=gnutls
> --disable-gstreamer
> > > --disable-pulseaudio --disable-audio --disable-physics
> > >
> > > --disable-gstreamer option does't work at all, it's ignored, attached a
> > > patch which fix this issue.
> > >
> > > The next issue is that the configure try to check for eeze, but eeze
> is a
> > > linux only package, it's a non sense for windows or macos. So how to
> remove
> > > eeze from the build ?
> > > It could be a good option to add a --disable-eeze option in the
> configure ?
> > > what you think about it ?
> >
> > Obviously, yes.
> >
> > I think we really need to setup a buildbot for mingw as the last serie
> > of patch prove that nobody did test it at all and made change that are
> > likely to break it.
>
> first... need to make a qemu vm for windows... and that means a windows
> licence/copy at a minimum. we should test a real build ON windows ... as
> opposed to a cross-compile. here's the question. windows xp, vista, 7 or 8?
> sure - in theory we should have all. in theory if we use xp... then what we
> build binary-wise AND the build itself should work on later versions too...

I don't think so, cross compilation is better in any case, it's faster,
it's easy, and it's already present in almost all recent distributions.
It's also easy to build for 32 and 64 architecture with no extra cost.
About the windows version i don't know exatcly but i think you're right
with xp you should target all later versions.

if you want to set up your machine for a build, Vincent did a build of all
dependencies
http://dev.enlightenment.fr/~doursse/efl_dep.zip it's for 32bits only
architecture.
Then you need to install mingw-w64 and gcc-mingw-w64-i686

Once unzip you only need to export few env vars :

base=`pwd`

export TARGET=i686-w64-mingw32
export MINGW_PREFIX="$base/package/"

export CPPFLAGS="-I$MINGW_PREFIX/include -I$MINGW_PREFIX/include/evil-1
-I$MINGW_PREFIX/include/freetype2"
export CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS"
export LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L$MINGW_PREFIX/lib"
export PATH="$HOME/local/opt/mingw-w64-x86_32/bin:$MINGW_PREFIX/bin:$PATH"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$MINGW_PREFIX/lib"
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$MINGW_PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig"
export PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR="$MINGW_PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig"

and then you can compile as usual efl :

./autogen.sh --prefix=$MINGW_PREFIX --host=$TARGET --disable-static

That's all, it's really easy, and we don't need a real windows machine for
that.
Of course if you want automated it's better, but i don't think we have man
power for this.

regards,
--
Nicolas Aguirre