On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 09:56:36 +0200 (EET) Robert Krambovitis <rob...@split.gr>
said:

> > From: "Carsten Haitzler" <ras...@rasterman.com>
> > To: "e" <enlightenment-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>, "e-users"
> > <enlightenment-us...@lists.sourceforge.net> Sent: Wednesday, January 30,
> > 2013 8:33:14 AM Subject: [E-devel] e17 default theme ... polishing
> >
> > i'd like to put this out there.
> >
> > now e17 is out - i'm looking at POLISHING the default theme. over
> > time that is.
> > what i am asking for here is INPUT as to what you think could be
> > polished.. and
> > HOW - don't just complain. provide alternatives. and don't just say
> > "it's
> > unreadable" as if we wanted purely readable it'd be only black and
> > white with
> > no shades at all and everything massive so you can fit 2 icons on a
> > screen and
> > 2 lines of text. :) there is a compromise between readable/usable,
> > practical
> > AND looking nice and being consistent. i want to polish off e17's
> > theme before
> > i launch full on into fixing up elm.
> >
> > so here is my current theme todo. if you have suggestions on these,
> > please
> > chime in. if you can draw up your ideas - even roughly, even better!
> >
> > e17 theme:
> > * ilist headers a bit "meh"
> > * text mouse pointer "meh"
> > * button image needs more resolution for gradient
> > * ilist/titlebar grdient image needs mroe vertical height for
> > resolution
> > * radio/check items need more sizes for selection dot/cross for
> > scaling
> > * init splash "meh"
> > * frames a bit "meh"
> > * bluez4 gadget ... "meh"
> > * randr needs nicer clone gfx
> > * lock screen needs panel holding entry box (and probably icon too?)
> > * comp needs styles for slide in with clip
> > * comp needs slide in without clip
> > * comp needs a map based "flip in" style
> >
> > icons.... yes most icons were copied from old b&w or minimally worked
> > on. i
> > don't really need comments on the icons - i know. ignore those for
> > now. focus
> > on the rest. icons are a related, yet separate matter. comments
> > please!
> > input! :)
>
> My personal thoughts :
>
> - The "finished thumbnailing" animation it too much / long / crap. I think
> something more similar to the "gained focus" animation would be preferable.

i shortened it a bit... but the focus thing is kinda hard to do espcially with
alpha icons... so i'll stick to the wobble :/

> - The default clock in digi mode is practically invisible when on lighter
> backgrounds. Just stating.

dont put it on light bg's - a white clock would be the same ... as woudl a
black clock on black bg's... :)

> - The "start" module I think needs a more "start icon" look. No suggestions.
> - Implement the color_classes.

well e logo sure didnt say start... right now i think its fine in its simple
form... :)