On 03/21/2013 09:25 PM, Tom Hacohen wrote:

> Silencing warnings just for silencing is not good. We use them to spot
> bugs, that's why we like them so much. Silencing useful warnings is
> counter-productive.

Usually a developer, upon checking out a code base and building it on
their system and observing a nice warning free compile will have a sense
of confidence in a project.

Usually a developer, on making a modification to their code, checks for
warnings and makes sure none have been introduced before pushing their code.

There are some people who wish to compile their code with every frickin
warning in the world turned on, then proceed to ignore said warnings,
and commit code with warnings to their revision control systems.

That gcc somehow changed which warnings it emits in a newer version
changes none of the above.

Enjoy your warnings.

Mike