On 21/03/13 11:22, Michael Blumenkrantz wrote:

> pretty sure neither of the cases were "blindly silencing warnings".
>
> one of the changes made was to use the correct free function, preventing a
> magic failure and a leak.
> another was to add a format string and prevent undefined behavior with
> fprintf; the only issue here was that I added a trailing newline. since
> we're exaggerating here, I guess I had better delete my commit access

Just so we're all on the same page here... I think the actual issue in
your commit was marking a parameter as unused which in the #ifdef
HAVE_BLUETOOTH case was actually used:

-e_sys_l2ping(const char *bluetooth_mac)
+e_sys_l2ping(const char *bluetooth_mac EINA_UNUSED)

 I do believe this is a valid complaint.

Regards,
Daniel