Le mercredi 03 avril 2013 à 14h52, « Tom Hacohen » a écrit :
> On 03/04/13 13:42, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

> >> Too lazy guys. And this not what I saw on other foss projets. Developers
> >> are
> >> not end users, not the same investment the both of them. Often, FOSS
> >> developers know about CAcert and trust it.
> >
> > this was "end users" trying to access blog stuff via https... :/
>
> 1. Everyone should use https all the time.

For things that need authentification. Not public ressources.

Phabricator is br0ken, it put scheme + vhost in every href, js
inclusion, css etc, it's really not the way to make a viable website. It
should only propose absolute path to / and not the full URL.

> 2. As Carsten has said, https doesn't really "work" for most people
> (because of CACert).

Nothing we can do about CAcert, but it's better than a own self
generated cert.

> We need to fix it. Either by getting free starttls certs for phab,
> build, www, and git, if possible, or figuring out another solution.

A wildcard is necessary overwise we need one certificate per IP, and so
one vhost, one public IP. This is not a longterm solution, not really
feasble.

A proper wildcard cert can fix the issue. But it's not something cheap.

--
Bertrand Jacquin, EXOSEC (http://www.exosec.fr/)
ZAC des Metz - 3 Rue du petit robinson - 78350 JOUY EN JOSAS