On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 08:15:52 -0300 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
<barbi...@profusion.mobi> said:

> It doesn't have a way to load files (file selector), its controls are barely
> usable by someone that never read the code, so on.
>
> Basically it's polluting the installation of a LIBRARY. There should be a
> video player app, maybe written in elementary with the basics of a video
> player, usable controls and likely options such as subtitle, a file chooser
> and be able to be launched from a ".desktop".
>
> Also, for testing: why do we ever need to test a library in our systems if no
> applications use it? If they use emotion, you use these applications as test.
> It's like that for every thing other than EFL, you use totem to test the
> gnome stuff, the kde player to test phonon, VLC player to test libvlc

first it has no need for a file selector. cmdline does it. you would argue
mplayer is a useless test app as it has no file selector? as for the ui - its a
TEST app... its for testing the libs we just installed. we need MORE tests, not
fewer. we already have few enough as is.