Good gracious, this is getting insane.

I agree with Tom on this one (good gracious, I agree with Tom!). What
your job is
or where you work has nothing to do with the community. Your work is
appreciated,
but commit access is not required for you to do your job, and since we
are not using
SVN anymore, the argument of giving proper credit is moot too.

There's several of us working at companies doing work with EFL and
contributing back
and we do have a history of giving access with too much freedom but we
are trying to
fix that and get to the point where if someone has write access to our
code, it's because
most of us know who that person is and we can trust not just in the
quality of the work
produced, but also that said person won't just vanish one day leaving a bunch of
unmantained stuff that others will have to care for. So if you care
about us being good
mannered when it comes to human relations, you should also be good mannered when
it comes to relations within the community.