On Wed, 4 Dec 2013 12:43:31 -0500 Michael Blumenkrantz
<michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com> said:

> this seems to have snuck in to all the repos while I was away, and I strongly
> disagree with the premise based on previous decisions.
>
> if people remember, we previously removed debian/ directories from our
> distribution directories for being too distro-specific. isn't adding the
> arch-only pkgbuild stuff the exact same thing?
>
> I think if we're going to keep these, then it makes sense to allow ALL
> packaging-related files, and not just cater to whatever distro is hot at the
> time.

there's a big difference. debian has a POLICY of "you are not allowed to have
debian build stuff in a source tree". they continually complain that we had
such stuff.

we have had .spec files for much longer than even debian build stuff. there's
enlightenment.spec right there. you've never complained.

so leave it there. the removal of debian stuff is due to debian policies.