Hello.

On Thu, 2013-12-05 at 17:32, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Dec 2013 09:29:17 +0100 Jérémy Zurcher <jer...@asynk.ch> said:
>
> > you are so right Stephan
> >  - these are not offical files, but they look like
>
> why does it matter? has this ever caused an actual problem? has a user ever
> been "confused"? the debian ones only caused a problem because of POLICY in
> debian. they kept having to patch them out of the src tree. they didn't
> ACTUALLY
> cause any problem.

I have seen people in #e-user being confused when trying to use the
in-tree spec file to build there own RPMs. The spec file was just
wrong and not working but they expected them to do because they are in
the same tree as the code. Having packaging file in the tree that are
not updated along with code changes is bound to confusion.

This have been on this list often enough that I know it will not
change. :)

regards
Stefan Schmidt