How come they dont work in master directly and all patches get submitted
to that. then any bug fix patches get merged from the stable branch.

---
Regards,
Jonathan Aquilina
Founder Eagle Eye T

On 2014-10-24 10:32, Daniel Kolesa wrote:

> Hello. On 23/10/14 10:54, Daniel Juyung Seo wrote: Hello Daniel Juyung Seo
> (SeoZ) On Oct 23, 2014 12:23 AM, "Stefan Schmidt" <ste...@datenfreihafen.org>
> wrote: Hello. On 12/10/14 16:40, Tom Hacohen wrote: I think 4 weeks is too
> long, 3 weeks should suffice.
 I agree with Tasn's idea. If I remember correctly, the main reason of
splitting the merge window was to avoid a long stopping of a development
phase. I would actually like to see people stop developing and focusing
on bug fixing and quality control at this time. If more people would do
that 3 weeks would be fine.

>> You would want to add this week to the merge window or cut the whole cycle
>> down to 11 weeks?
> How about 9 + 3 then?
 This shifts the devlopment vs. stabilization ration from initial 2:1 to
a 3:1. I'm skeptical if that is a good change. Especially if one
consider that the number of bug reports are rising continuously. We need
more people activly work on our problems in the stabilization. I wrote a
specific mail for that. alpha1 is out for a week now. How many of us had
a look at the bugtracker, the API/ABI report or the remaining coverity
issues? I'm fine with three weeks stabilization as long as I see enough
problems being tackled at that time. What I'm not fine with is to cut it
down even further just so people can start sooner to brign in new
development.

While new development is where all the fun happens, I agree that QA is
extremely important. As such, I agree with your proposal of 8+4. IMHO if
new developments are to be made during freeze period people can work in
their own branches anyway. No need to cut down on testing period there.

> regards Stefan Schmidt

Links:
------