On 24/02/15 07:24, Jean-Philippe André wrote:
> Ah I was wondering what took git a few extra seconds to update last time.
> Ha!
>
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 1:41 AM, Tom Hacohen <tom.haco...@samsung.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 23/02/15 16:27, Cedric BAIL wrote:

>> textures?

>> names
>> power-of-two
>> that
>> assets
>>>
>>> I think the requirement on being power-of-two is irrelevant in the
>>> case of Evas as we should be using Evas_GL_Image which already does
>>> automatic packing into an atlas with the right size for us (Otherwise
>>> we would have trouble with all the other image we load for widgets).
>>> As for size, I agree 256x256 should be enough for this example and I
>>> should start paying attention to file size...

>>> This I disagree. I think this is not orthogonal to efl. We are pushing
>>> a 3d and a vector scenegraph in efl to use it for widget and
>>> application. Showing how to use that infrastructure does make sense.
>>>
>>> Same actually goes with exactness data, as we are doing a graphical
>>> toolkit and we don't have visual test in our make check. It's just a
>>> shame and a bad excuse for not having it. If you really want that out
>>> of the main git, I guess we could use some submodule and force make
>>> check/examples to pull that part if necessary, but that doesn't feel
>>> reliable at all.
>>>

>> Submodules, as I've suggested a million times before. That's the only
>> sane way of doing it.
>>

> Yes, submodules.
> I wouldn't mind having only code in the main EFL repo and all doc, test,
> examples DATA would come from submodules.

Yes, exactly. All the non-essentials should be external. We don't need
to pollute history, or force people to download shit they don't need.

> Unfortunately by default Git clones the entire history, so in the current
> case what's done is done.

Not quite. Packagers should (and often) do shallow clones, so they won't
get it if we remove it, and also, there's the advantage of not having it
expanded to the working directory and giving a bad example by removing it.

--
Tom.