On Thu, 24 Dec 2015 19:11:28 +0000 Mike Blumenkrantz
<michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com> said:

> As further proof of how unsuccessful this has been, here's the downstream
> patch that Gentoo's core repo ebuilds use:
>
> https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=422cf597b84d3553eac42dd8b1faa8257af5941f
>
> It removes the sleep entirely, making the entire thing (and all future
> attempts at "getting attention") a complete waste of time for everyone.

that specifically isn't going to change anything as in my experience no gentoo
"user" reads build output. they pastebin it and have someone else read it for
them. so a sleep is being patched out only to "make the build faster".

changing the "i know what i am doing" option stops the build entirely and such
patches are not a workaround for that.

we havent changed that option for maybe 2 years. ok - checking log. last change
was 1.5 years ago - july 2014. so perhaps the "its not working" is a result of
not changing it often enough? the builds settle in and then dont change?