On 05/06/2016 09:31 AM, Tom Hacohen wrote:
> Wasn't part of the reason for the split a licensing issue? Mainly GPL
> libraries?
>
> If it's not an issue (and won't be one), I don't see a reason why not to
> include it in the tree.
>
> Give me the go signal and I'll do it.
>
> --
> Tom

I know its reason for existing is licensing but thats more around the
way it interacts with the libraries it uses, it is GPL-2.0+, but moving
it into the source tarball won't change the license of efl libs, it will
just mean that along with the mix of BSD-2-Clause, LGPL-2.1 and Zlib
licensed binaries produced as part of the build process there will also
be a GPL-2.0+ binary built which people can choose to or not to use.
Unless you change the way efl uses evas-generic-loaders it won't effect
the license of efl.

Cheers

> On 5 May 2016 22:18, "Davide Andreoli" <d...@gurumeditation.it> wrote:
>
>> ok, we are hitting a problem with evas-generic-loaders because it's not
>> merged in the efl tree.
>>
>> The problem is that we are now using svg icons in the elementary theme, all
>> the new FDO icons are in svg format. But, now that elm is merged in efl,
>> the default theme is built before the user can install evas-generic-loaders
>> and thus the theme cannot be build for the lack of the svg loader.
>>
>> After some chatting we agreed that the "best" way to solve the issue is to
>> also merge evas-generic-loaders in efl.
>> The alternative solution is to duplicate all the icons in a raster format,
>> that seems really a waste of space/bandwidth/git-history on each icon
>> change and will make my work of providing icons much harder.
>>
>> Any objections? problems? me and cedric already agreed on this solution,
>> and also
>> agreed that make sense to also merge emotion-generics, so we will finally
>> have a single efl package!
>>

>> If no objections arise I will ask TAsn to do the same git work he did for
>> elm (merging the git tree in a branch?) so that cedric can do the required
>> autofoo stuff (already agreed with him)
>>

>> In the mean time I have to disable :( all the new icons so that everyone
>> can build efl without problems. I hope this will not create some side
>> effects, as it is now possible that some old icons are missing. Let me know
>> for any issue.
>>
>> davemds

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                            Adeliade Australia, UTC+9:30