On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 7:59 PM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2016 07:58:44 -0500 Stephen Houston <smhousto...@gmail.com>
> said:
>
>> I would like to add that the theme bugs on Genlist need fixing also. Two
>> Phab tickets in particular. 1) There is a clipping bug where, a Genlist
>> large enough to scroll, scrolls out of it's bounds and covers other widget.
>> The out of bounds content is invisible of course so you don't see it, but
>> you can still click into it.  2) Genlist tree, the row alternating colors
>> becomes messed up if a tree items children are created upon expand.
>
> 1) that's not a theme bug. it's an evas clipping/ object bug of some sort.
> 2) also not a theme bug but code bug. it just somehow doesnt re-init items
> with
> the correct edje group for odd/even.
>
>> Both of these bugs have Phab tickets.  The eio monitor has a Phab ticket as
>> well and Cedric is addressing it for the release I believe.
>> On Jun 23, 2016 7:35 AM, "Stefan Schmidt" <ste...@osg.samsung.com> wrote:
>
> we have deeper problems. promises.
>
> right now i'm tempted to just call it quits on promises. remove them. do that
> stuff with events on objects. i'm tired of the disconnect on promises so drop
> them entirely. my patience is running thin.

Just know we will be either killing the Node.JS bindings or requiring
manual code.

People will not want to use a binding that will be written like this:

download = new efl.net.url_download('http:// ... ');
download.on('result', function () { .. });
download.on('error', function () { ... });
download.on('progress', function () { ... });
download.work(); // the async operation

This is horrible, people will expect that to work like this:

efl.net.url_download('http:// ...').then
 (
   function (file) // success
   {
     return x;
   },
   function (e) // error
   {
   },
   function (p) // progress
   {
   }
).then( function (x) { ... });

This is what we have been advocating since the beginning, and we don't
need a huge super Eolian class to have that in all bindings, we just
need well defined semantics of asynchronous operations. We can
work with Eolian/Eo Promise for that as well and that's all _I_ ask so I
can sell EFL idea for other communities as well.
However, you wanted to have a super uber promise first and now
you just want to drop everything that even remotely  allows us
the second syntax.

I have to ask, do we even care about bindings or not?

[snip]

Regards,
--
Felipe Magno de Almeida