On 09/06/17 14:22, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
> Carsten, I have expressed interest to help as an admin, but given the
> complex undocumented nature of the current setup and beber needing me to
> have a pgp which I only just got in all honesty Im scared to touch the
> server. Like others have said we need to simplify things and get rid of
> all this unnecessary complexity. Staying with VM's wont hurt anything.
> For all we know even if we go to docker containers we could still end up
> with the same instabilities like we are seeing with the current setup.
>
> ---
> Regards,
>
> Jonathan Aquilina

Docker containers are probably a pretty sensible suggestion, if you can
get everything containerized part by part on the current server, it
shouldn't be too hard to move them to a temporary machine while you put
a more stable OS on the main hardware.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30