> you can't. by definition a container SHARED the same linux kernel as the host.
> the kernel divides resources up container by container so for example /proc
> only contains processes from one container and not others etc. ...

Sorry may be i don't have some knowledge how you utilize hardware, but
my 0.2 cents:
I'm working on Russian cloud provider and we use Debian Jessie with
builded kernel from kernel org (always LTS).
Each physical system have 100-120 vm that started and stopped 24h each
day. And we don't have any kernel panics and stability issues.
So i don't understand why you have so much problems...
P.S. I'm admin with skills on
gentoo/freebsd/centos/fedora/archlinux/debian/ubuntu systems with more
10years. I'm use gentoo 5 years ago and switch to fedora for own needs
and debian for work.

--
Vasiliy Tolstov,
e-mail: v.tols...@selfip.ru